How Do I?
To get a library card, visit the library to complete registration. You must have a photo ID and proof of current address. Print out the application form or get an application form at Tyler Public Library.
Library cards are free for all Plum Creek Residents. There is no age limit for cards, but the parent or guardian of children under the age of 18 must complete the bottom portion of the application form. Parents are responsible for replacement and repair costs of lost and/or damaged library items checked out by minors.
Plum Creek Library cards automatically expire every three years. This forces us to keep contact information of active patrons up to date and to purge inactive patrons from the system. A notice that your card is about to expire will appear on your account home screen, just below your name. Contact Tyler Public Library to confirm contact information and have your card renewed.
- Go to the library catalog.
- Click "Log in to your account" in the upper right corner.
- Enter your login, which is your library card barcode number and your password, which is the last four digits of the phone number on your library account. If for some reason your login did not work, call any of the Jackson County Library System locations for help in logging in.
- You're logged in! Now to place a hold type the word, phrase, author, title or subject you are looking for in the search field at the top of the screen and click "Go."
- Click "Place a Hold" on the item you wish to request.
- Click "Confirm Hold." Once you're item arrives at the library you will be notified and you have 1 week to pick it up.
- Can't find what you're looking for? You can also place holds following this process on MNLink.org, which searches all Minnesota libraries.
Tyler Public Library has an outdoor dropbox to the north of the City Office door. Books and magazines can be placed in the dropbox 24 hours a day. We ask the audio books and movies be returned inside the library when the temperature is below freezing. HotSpots and devices must be returned at the service counter during regular business hours.
Begin by logging into your library account online. Go to our Catalog tab and log in on the right-hand side of the screen. Enter your login, which is your library card barcode number, and your password, which is the last four digits of your library card number. If for some reason your login did not work, call or email Tyler Public Library for assistance.
While you are logged in, you can see due dates, renew items one time (excludes devices and items ordered from MnLink) and place items on hold.
- Go to the library catalog
- Click "Log in to your account" in the upper right corner
- Enter your login, which is your is your library card barcode number and your password, which is the last four digits of the phone number on your library account. If for some reason your login did not work, call the library for help in logging in.
- You're logged in! Now to renew an item select the renew box next to the item you wish to renew and click on "Renew Selected"
- If you want to renew everything, click on "Renew all"
- All items that are not on hold can be renewed for a total of 2 times. If the item is from outside of our system, a special request to renew must be made.
Have an item you really want but can't find it in our Catalog or on MNLink? You can request a purchase! Come into the library and tell a staff member that you would like to request the purchase of an item. These requests go to our Director who then reviews them to see if they fit our Selection Policy. If the item is purchased, your name will be automatically placed on the holds list and we will let you know when it is available.
The libraries occasionally have opportunities to volunteer. For more information about current volunteer opportunities or to receive an application, call your local library!
You can download eBooks and eAudiobooks for free from the library! For more information on these services, visit our "Digital Resources" page.
The Plum Creek Library system will periodically send email notices, such as items coming due or hold notices, to patrons who have an email attached to their library account. To add an email address, Contact Tyler Public Library. At that time, the library can help you determine which notices you want to receive.
Click on the Libby link on our Digital Resources page or download the Libby App onto your smart device.
On the computer:
Follow the prompts given by Libby. If you click on the “Guess my library” link, the closest Plum Creek Public Library will come up as your library. Select that library. Find the title you would like to check out and click on it. Click on “borrow.” Enter your library card number and PIN (the last four digits of your library card number). After the system looks up your account, click the large “borrow” box. You will have access to the title for 7 days before you need to recheck the item out.
On the app:
Download the app using Google Play Store for Android Devices or you’re Apple Store for Apple devices. Enter the information when asked. You will be able to search for and check out items on your smart device after entering your library card information the first time.
On our Digital resources page, click on the link to the Scholastic resource you want to use. Enter your library card number. Select your title or resource. For a more in-depth explanation of using Scholastic resources, download the PowerPoint presentation found here.